Monday, November 16, 2015

Blog and Photo Posting Month

It's NaBloPoMo -National Blog Posting Month, which follows the tradition of NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month. The latter is an event in which people commit to write a novel, 50,000 words in 30 days time. That is a LOT of work, but an effective way to establish a good daily writing practice if one does not already have one. I am not a novelist, but have thought in the past couple years of doing some sort of writing practice in November. I happened to come across info about Blog Posting Month, and well, here I am.

Just came across NaPhoPoMo, National Photo Posting Month! Some people are posting photographs every day during November. I have been doing that, putting a photo with most of these blog posts, not even aware that it was a thing. Most of these photos are one I have taken in the past, but a few are current, taken the day of the posting or one day before.
So without realizing it, I have been “killing two birds with one stone”, so to speak, posting a short written blog and photos every day. Thank you for reading my posts, and I hope you enjoy the photos too. My nature photos are depictions of beauty, sometimes a glimpse of something lovely in the ordinary. I believe that one aspect of God is beauty, seen in the midst of the ordinary. As when we see a colorful sunset or sunrise. The light of the full moon in a clear night sky. Or when the colors of a Maple or Oak tree in autumn are brilliant in the midst of evergreens. Or the flashing red feathers of Cardinal against the backdrop of snow. The glimmer or raindrops on a new leaf in spring. I pray that when I post a photo or two on my blog or on Facebook, or show them to friends, that people are seeing a glimpse of the glory of God's creation.


Happy writing, blog, or photo posting month, or just happy November to you. And again, thank you for following my blog.  

 More info about "NaPhoPoMo"

Photo taken summer of 2014, at Cadiz Springs State Recreation Area (just west of Monroe, WI)

No comments:

Post a Comment