Sunday, November 8, 2015

a favorite hymn

NaBloPoMo Day 8: Write briefly - oh , so briefly- about your favorite hymn line or stanza.

I have so many fave hymns...Amazing Grace, most of the Christmas ones :) & a contemporary hymn by Matt Redman that we will sing this morning at church- “10,000 Reasons”. One that is in the top 3 if not my very favorite...”How Great Thou Art.” When my husband and I were at the Grand Canyon, I started singing this, (after making sure no one else was close by...didn't want to scare strangers!) But the wonder and beauty of the canyon was beyond words. I just had to sing..
”Oh Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder, consider all the worlds thy hands have made, I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder, thy power through out the universe displayed,
Then sings my soul, my savior God to thee, how great thou art, how great thou art!”  

One of the many photos I took....it's hard to take a bad pic of Grand Canyon, I tried...about 400 times :)  click on photo to view larger


No comments:

Post a Comment