Friday, April 10, 2009

okay I'm not sure what this whole blogging thing is supposed to be about. I guess I'm not sure what I have to say is so important to take up space on the web with it! Yet there are so many people with so much less to say, or who seem to say it less sensibly, yet they have plenty of space on the web; so I guess it's okay if I'm entering the blogging world now too. LOL

one of the things on my mind lately is the many names of God and Jesus are in the Bible. you see God is infinite and our minds are finite so we are not truly able to grasp the entirety of God or his son Jesus Christ. (Jesus said "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end.") So there are many many names in the Bible. Each name is a single facet of the character of the Lord. or perhaps I should say each name expreses a facet of the character. so our finite minds are able to comprehend some of these assets, the qualities. this is why there are so many names in the Bible; so that he can understand the nature of God that we need at the moment for our example today I might be needing comfort so the idea of comfort
and the name comforter, (one of the names of the Holy Spirit) appeals to me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment