Thursday, November 16, 2017

Thinking ahead


I took this picture with my cell phone this past Sunday. We had just a bit of slushy snow that morning, and as as we got home from church I happened to notice this colorful leaf. It's a nice image for late fall. 

This fallmorning, Christmas songs are on my mind. Yes, I know, it's not even Thanksgiving, and I am NOT one to play Christmas music before then, ....although I could listen to "Feliz Navidad" and a couple others all year ;)  But this morning, I am doing worship planning. I am scheduled to preach at the morning service at our church on Dec. 24. So I've been rummaging through Bible lessons, hymnals and YouTube videos. The latter get used since I don't read music. So far, I've narrowed it down to about 8 songs! We won't be able to do all of them, and I am leaving alone the "night" songs, "Silent Night", and "O, Little Town of Bethlehem" for example, since we'll sing those in the evening service. But there's so much wonderful music to choose from!

Here's a cool version of one of our hymns for that day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment