Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Thankful...but

It's Thanksgiving Eve. Tomorrow my husband works during the day, so we'll have dinner late. We have turkey, sage stuffing made with cornbread and white and whole wheat bread. Roasted vegetables and mashed potatoes. Brownies for dessert, maybe a pie too, but my guys don't care for pumpkin. 

I'm grateful for being able to make a nice dinner for them, and older son's girlfriend. I'm glad they live here in town so we can get together easily. 

There are so many other things I'm thankful for this holiday, and every day. But i remember too, that there are so many who are less fortunate. As a pastor I work closely with organizations to help those who are in need, especially with food insecurity and homelessness. There is so much need right here in my home town. And sadly, the need is increasing. The economy in this area never comes back all the way from each successive downturn, so for 30 years there's been a slow spiral down economically. 

So this Thanksgiving, I am thankful for plenty to eat and a warm house to live in and a loving family. And i will continue to support and work to help alleviate the problems of poverty that plague my community. Will you join me? 


No comments:

Post a Comment