Saturday, December 12, 2015

What does the Lord require?



Laughing at myself...I put on music while editing a few entries for a Lenten devotional booklet. The music playing was instrumental Christmas. That worked until a song came on with a familiar lyric. Even though it was instrumental music, my head "heard" the lyric and so I was singing along in my mind. Since I am reading Lenten material and hearing Christmas, that didn't quite work out! So I switched to regular instrumental background music Soon a song that came on titled “Cast Your Fate to the Wind”

We certainly can NOT ‘cast our fate to the wind” but need to follow Jesus!! and again, laughing at myself and being reminded that we all can follow more closely.

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8 NIV

Thank You, God for reminders every day and help me to draw near to you more and more. In Jesus' Name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment