Monday, December 7, 2015

A pause to refresh

This weekend was very nice, warm for December in the Midwest! Saturday I heard a woodpecker tapping away in a tree. I didn't remember that some of them are here all winter! I enjoyed watching the little bird for a few minutes. Then yesterday afternoon, I went outside and noticed these clouds. I love the look of the 'curls' against the blue sky, with bare tree branches echoing some of the cloud shapes. It was a fleeting few minutes as they blew past and heavier clouds rolled in. It reminded me that beauty comes in many forms and we may miss it if we fail to pay attention. Had I not gone outside, or if i'd been texting, or cleaning out my car, i would have missed these 'curly' clouds! 

How often do we miss a glimpse of beauty because we are so absorbed by tasks? There is so much in nature for us to enjoy. May I suggest you take a moment today to pause and take a look around you. and look up to see what there is. I pray you find some refreshment in nature today. 


Job 37:14-16 "Listen to this, Job; stop and consider God's wonders.
 Do you know how God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash? 
Do you know how the clouds hang poised, those wonders of him who is perfect in knowledge?

No comments:

Post a Comment