Saturday, October 22, 2016

Blog post with Autumn photos

Haven't been keeping up well with blogging. It's one of the things that gets shoved to the back burner, so to speak. But NaBloPoMo is coming, National Blog Post Month, which is November. It's a take-off on NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month. Folks write every single day during November to get a novel written in 30 days! Those of us who are not fiction writers can blog instead.

My blog posts will often include photographs. I suspect that will not surprise anyone who knows me :) I love to take photos and to get some nice nature shots is relaxing and rewarding for me. To notice and record the beauty of nature, even in ordinary moments, a single leaf or flower, a bird soaring, or the patterns of tree leaves against the sky, is a way for me to experience and share the joy and wonder of creation. I take other photos too, including around our church activities.


Just yesterday I got a message on my phone while I was driving, between errands. I stopped at a park to make the return phone call. Didn't intend to take any pics. But as I was pulling out of the parking lot, I noticed an alignment of colorful trees in front of the historic old water tower. I parked again, grabbed the camera, and got some nice shots. Then I walked around for about 15 min or so, getting other pics of the autumn beauty. It was relaxing and fed my soul. Some photographers who are believers in God say that they do not “take” photographs, but rather they “receive” them. I don't use that verbiage, but I believe that sometimes I'm led to stop and take photos.  



No comments:

Post a Comment